Home » Latest News

Malaysia condemns Brussels attacks

KUALA LUMPUR, March 22 (Xinhua) -- The Malaysian government strongly condemned the bombing attacks that hit Brussels, Belgium on Tuesday.

"The government of Malaysia strongly condemns the bomb blasts in Brussels," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement, adding that no Malaysian citizens have been reported to be among the casualties so far.

"I am shocked and appalled by the attacks in Brussels, which follow the recent attacks in Turkey," Prime Minister Najib Razak said via Twitter.

"These cowardly attacks are a reminder of the need for countries to unite and counter threats posed by extremism," he said. "The thoughts and prayers of all Malaysians are with the victims and their families."

According to the latest media reports, at least 26 people were killed and 136 injured in the explosions at the airport and on a city subway train in Brussels.

  • 沪ICP证:沪ICP备05050403
  • |
  • 网络视听许可证:0909346
  • |
  • 广播电视节目制作许可证:沪字第354号
  • |
  • 增值电信业务经营许可证:沪B2-20120012

 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend