Home » Latest News

Vietnam strongly condemns deadly attacks in Brussels

HANOI, March 22 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam on Tuesday strongly condemns the deadly bombings in Brussels, said a Vietnamese official.

Le Hai Binh, spokesperson of Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), made the remark on Tuesday while addressing reporters' inquiry over Vietnam's response to bombing blasts which hit the Belgian capital on Tuesday.

According to Binh, "We are very shocked, disgusted and strongly condemn deadly terror bombings" that hit Brussels which have left many people dead and injured.

"Vietnam wishes to share big losses that the Belgian government, people and families of the victims are suffering. Vietnam strongly believes that with efforts being implemented by the Belgian government, the perpetrators will soon be brought to justice," said Binh in an online statement posted on the MoFA's website.

Binh said so far, he has not got any information suggesting that any Vietnamese nationals are among victims of the blasts.

"As soon as learning about the bombings, the MoFA has instructed Vietnamese embassy in Belgium to closely coordinate with local authorities to check whether Vietnamese citizens are among victims," said Binh, adding that, so far, there has been no such information.

"Vietnamese embassy in Belgium is promptly seeking information as well as preparing supporting plans for emergency requests by Vietnamese citizens," said the official.

On the same day, Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang extended condolences to King Philippe of Belgium while Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung sent condolences to his Belgian counterpart Charles Michel over the bombings, according to MoFA.

  • 沪ICP证:沪ICP备05050403
  • |
  • 网络视听许可证:0909346
  • |
  • 广播电视节目制作许可证:沪字第354号
  • |
  • 增值电信业务经营许可证:沪B2-20120012

 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend