The story appears on

Page A5

December 14, 2018

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

Salmonella is an Italian style word?

La Scala restaurant in the Sukhothai Shanghai Hotel in Jing’an District is being investigated after several diners claimed they had contracted food poisoning.

A diner named Chen who ate on Sunday at the Italian-style restaurant led by a Michelin-starred guest chef said she and her friend suffered from vomiting, diarrhea and fever.

“I could not sleep and felt very uncomfortable,” she said.

Another two diners at the restaurant at the same time complained of the same symptoms. Two have been diagnosed with gastroenteritis.

Chen said raw beef was probably to blame as all four had eaten it.

Jing’an District Market Supervision and Management Bureau is investigating the restaurant.

La Scala offered a refund and a free meal, according to Chen, but she said she would not dine at the restaurant again.

Another diner demanded medical fees and compensation for losses resulting from being unable to work.

A diner who had a lunch at the same restaurant in late November said she and her parents in their 80s had the same symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea and the two seniors were bed-ridden for a week.

The hotel on Weihai Road opened this year. Hotel management said they attach great importance to food safety and send food samples for testing every two to three weeks.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend