Related News

Home » Business » IT

IPad battery catches fire in northern Finland

AN iPad battery caught fire on Wednesday in a shopping center in Rovaniemi, northern Finland, forcing the evacuation of customers from the shopping center, local media reported.

According to fire chief Jukka Luostarinen, a customer asked to change the battery of his two-year-old iPad in a phone shop in the shopping center named Revontuli, as the battery does not work well, said the Finnish daily Helsingin Sanomat.

When the seller began to replace the battery, it caught fire. The smoke caused by burning battery spread to the shopping center.

The daily said that the shopping center reopened after about half an hour.



Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend