The story appears on

Page A4

February 14, 2020

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

2 more cases reported in city, 5 patients released

TWO more coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the city, five more patients were discharged upon recovery and another 20 suspected cases ruled out, the Shanghai Health Commission said yesterday.

So far, the city has reported 315 infections and ruled out 1,411 suspected cases. And 62 patients have been released from designated hospitals.

The newly diagnosed patients are both from Wuhan in Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak. They came to Shanghai on January 27 and 28 respectively and were sent to special quarantine centers for medical observation.

The SHC said 236 patients are stable, six are in serious condition and 10 critical. There has been only one local fatality. Another 202 suspected cases are undergoing tests.

Zheng Jin, a spokeswoman for the commission, said that diagnostic guidelines for coronavirus patients in Shanghai haven’t changed, which means that all infected cases should be based on results from nucleic acid tests.

Hubei has started to recognize clinically diagnosed cases, which means that computerized tomography scan results can also be used to confirm coronavirus infection.

“Diagnostic standard for regions outside Hubei remains the same,” Zheng said.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend