The story appears on

Page A4

February 28, 2020

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

6 medical staff out of quarantine at hospital

NO coronavirus cases were reported in the city in the latest 12 hours as of midday yesterday and six medical staff were released from quarantine, the Shanghai Health Commission said.

Meanwhile, another 22 suspected cases have been ruled out while four patients were discharged upon recovery yesterday morning.

Six medical staff, who were quarantined after having close contact with a patient who hid his exposure to the coronavirus, were released from 14-day observation without showing any symptoms of illness.

The patient, surnamed Li, visited the emergency department of Shanghai Yueyang Hospital on January 12. He denied contact with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases, so was treated as an ordinary patient.

“He said he had a cough for five days, so I arranged a blood test and a CT scan. CT doctors found suspicious lung imaging symptoms and asked him about his history of coronavirus exposure again. Then he admitted to having such an exposure,” said Dr Lu Hao, who received the man. “We soon enacted all procedures for a suspected coronavirus case and the patient was later confirmed with the infection.”

The patient, who was discharged upon recovery, is under detention as police investigate the case.

The hospital carried out immediate disinfection and virus control measures after the event.

“I’m glad that all the six medical staff stayed healthy and were released from quarantine today,” said Dr Zheng Li from the hospital.

So far, the city has reported 337 infections and ruled out 2,307 suspected cases.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend