Related News

Home » Metro

Boy swallowing magnets by mistake saved

AN eight-year-old boy was sent to hospital this morning after swallowing two magnets by mistake.

The magnets had stayed in his body for nearly 40 hours before he received medical help in Shanghai Children's Hospital.

His parents had sent him to several other hospitals before but they failed to help him.

The magnets were discovered in his intestines and caused some injuries to the intestinal tissues, doctors said.

Doctors removed the magnets with an open surgery.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend