Related News

Home » Metro

Carbon monoxide kills a family of five in Shanghai

A family of five died of gas poisoning at home last night in Shanghai's Fengxian District.

They were found dead around 10:30pm after neighbors smelt the odor of cooking gas and reported to police.

The gas company found the gas pipe had been illegally moved by the family in order to use a gas heater that filled the rooms with carbon monoxide, a Shanghai Public Security Bureau spokesman said today.

A family member surnamed Li bred tropical fish for a living. To keep the rooms warm, he refitted the pipe to supply gas to the heater.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend