Related News

Home » Metro

Couple poisoned by carbon monoxide from stove

A couple was poisoned by carbon monoxide this morning in their shop in downtown Hongkou District and they are still in critical condition in a local hospital.

A neighbor heard a faint voice coming from a closed shop on Changchun Road about 9am. Realizing that voice was calling for help, the neighbor suranmed Li called the police and firemen.

Rescuers broke into the shop and found the couple lying unconsciously on a bed. The room permeated with gas from a heating stove.

The neighbors said the couple cooked some food on the stove last night then moved the stove indoor for warming.

The victims, both 25 years old, started their business about a year ago. They are from the western Sichuan Province.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend