The story appears on

Page A5

April 22, 2013

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

Expat's villa damaged by blaze

FIRES occurred yesterday at a villa rented by an expat and a slaughterhouse yesterday, while no injuries were reported at either of the Changning District locations.

Fire broke out about 2pm at an old villa leased by a French citizen on Xinhua Road when a worker surnamed Luo was welding on the second floor, causing sparks to light some combustible material, Luo told investigators.

Ten fire engines responded, and firefighters broke tiles on the roof to put out the fire since the attic space on the third floor was very small.

An officer of district fire brigade said the interior of the villa was wood-frame and when he got into the house, the roof was burned through.

In a separate case, a fire broke out in the freezer of a slaughterhouse at noon yesterday near Suining Road. The burned area reached more than 500 square meters.

A worker said someone was welding when the fire broke out, and the blaze could have been caused by sparks.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend