The story appears on

Page A4

June 1, 2011

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

Gas kills family of 3 at home

A FAMILY of three was killed in a case of gas poisoning at their home in Putuo District yesterday morning.

The victims, a couple and their son, were found about 8:16am in their first-floor apartment of a residential building on Nujiang Road N.

Neighbors smelt the odor of cooking gas coming from the family's room and reported to police.

The three were pronounced dead in hospital later.

Neighbors said the couple did not get along well and often quarreled.

The wife suspected the man of having an illicit affair with another woman, they added.

The husband returned home two days ago from a business trip, according to people familiar with the family.

They said they suspected one of the couple tried to commit suicide by turning on the gas in the kitchen. But police haven't confirmed it.

The son, 26, had graduated from college and found a job in a local shipyard.

Witnesses said the husband was lying on the bed while his wife was found in the living room when the emergency staff broke in.

The son was in his own room and he had a mouth mask on when he was found, neighbors said.

The entrance to the building was cordoned off yesterday as police continued with their investigation into the case.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend