Related News

Home » Metro

Heating causes fire, no serious injuries

A fire broke out in an old three-story tenement house in downtown Jing'an District today. Two women were sent to hospital for breathing in too much smoke.
The fire started around noon in the Yugucun neighborhood on Yuyuan Road. The building was more than 80 years old. Witnesses said the fire was seen coming from the first floor and quickly spread upwards.
Two women, a mother and a daughter, living on the second floor were trapped and were soon brought to safety by firefighters because a fire station is right next door.
A woman in her 70's and living on the first floor was using a heating device, which was said to have caused the fire.
The fire damaged much of her apartment and her balcony was blackened by smoke.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend