Related News

Home » Metro

Parents sue son's friends for alcohol poisoning

A couple was suing their son's friends after their son died from drinking too much alcohol with them, Putuo District People's Court heard the case today.

The victim attended a friend's birthday party in a restaurant on the night of May 26 and was asked to drink an excessive amount of alcohol, according to the plaintiff. His friends left him sleep on the sofa in the restaurant after he became drunk.

The parents sought 150,000 yuan in compensation from them as well as from the restaurant owner and workers for lack of attention.

Police said that the victim died from alcohol poisoning.

However, the accused denied the charges saying the victim came without their invitation and declined their offer to send him home.

The court hearing is still going.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend