Share Story

Related News

Home » Metro

Poisoned medical postgraduate dies this afternoon

A medical postgraduate who was alleged to be poisoned by his roommate was pronounced dead by the hospital at 3:23pm today following multi-organ failures.

Huang Yang, 28, native in Sichuan Province, enrolled in Fudan University in 2010 and had passed the tests for medical doctoral students.

He felt discomfort on April 1 after he drank water from his room's drinking water dispenser, and later was sent to the Zhongshan Hospital, where his condition worsened.

The hospital said he didn't see doctors until he felt abdomen pains, and he even had taken part in a surgery in a hospital where he was doing the internship that day.

He told doctor that he had only taken a sip of water in the dorm but he immediately spilt out because the water had a strange taste, Xinmin Evening News reported today.

The then blood tests showed transaminase rise and suggested jaundice. He later went into a coma and was diagnosed with liver failure. Though a group of medical experts were taking great efforts to save him, his condition still got worse.

Police have arrested Huang's roommate, also a postgraduate student, surnamed Lin, who they said is suspected of poisoning Huang.

Online allegations said someone might felt jealous about Huang's good performance in doctoral tests or had love disputes with him, and thus decided to kill him.

But Huang's father showed disagreements, saying his son got along well with others and didn't have girlfriend, according to Oriental Morning Post.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号