The story appears on

Page A5

December 17, 2010

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

Poor Safety Causes Fire

THREE people were detained after a fire broke out at the -construction site of the Jiayuan residential complex on Wulumuqi Road N., police said yesterday.

Sparks from the torch of a welder, surnamed Wang, caused the fire, which was down to poor safety measures, officers said.

A supervisor surnamed Jiang, the team leader of the welders surnamed Zeng, and Wang were detained. The company in charge of supervising the site was fined 200,000 yuan (US$30,015).


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend