Related News

Home » Metro

Young man injured in Yangpu restaurant blaze

AN 18-year-old man was seriously injured in an accidental fire in a fast food restaurant in Yangpu District early this morning, a local newspaper reported.

The man, from central Henan Province, sustained burns to 50 percent of his body but his condition was not critical after the accident at around 3am in Shiguang Road, according to the Xinmin Evening News report.

A security guard in the neighborhood discovered the fire and called for help. Firemen doused the blaze and rushed the young man to Changhai Hospital for treatment.

The young man's cousin runs the restaurant of which he is an employee. Police are investigating.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend