The story appears on

Page A4

August 3, 2010

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Court hears man killed his father

A MAN went on trial yesterday for allegedly killing his father with the help of two accomplices.

All three are being tried by Shanghai No. 1 Intermediate People's Court and each defendant tried to shift blame to the others.

He Jun, 45, said he suffered a loss of about 1 million yuan (US$147,710) from futures investments late last year.

He also told the court he often had disputes with his father, who owned a transformer factory in Fengxian District, so he hatched a kidnapping plot to get money and pay off his debt.

He giggled at times during the hearing when he described details of the conspiracy and killing.

He had been convicted of attempting to murder his girlfriend after he suspected that his father had an affair with the girl.

He, then 17, was sentenced to five years in prison.

He told the court yesterday that his father spent money on apartments and expensive jewelry for his mistresses.

"I would rather spend the money myself than watch my father waste it on those women," He told the court.

He found Hu Zhongxue, a friend from Anhui Province, last November and asked Hu to kidnap his father and then demand a ransom of 1.5 million yuan. He promised to pay Hu 500,000 yuan, prosecutors said.

He even bought electric clubs for Hu, the court heard.

On February 2, the duo and Hu's friend, a man called Cheng Jinyong, went to the factory together. He remained outside to keep lookout while Hu and Cheng snuck into the factory dorm where He's father lived, the court heard.

Hu and Cheng beat the victim with electric clubs and strangled him until he was unconscious, prosecutors said.

They then tied up the victim with sheets and moved him into He's car.

He covered the victim's nose with adhesive tape in the car and they later threw the body into a river, the court heard.

He denied having covered his father's nose. He said Hu and Cheng called him from his father's dorm saying that they had killed his dad so they had to dump the body.

The victim died of suffocation. But there was no direct evidence proving who killed the man.

He asked Hu to call the factory's financial department to demand the ransom. When the employees realized their boss was missing, they reported to police. Police soon caught the trio.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend