Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Fatal stabbings follow pay delay

A 22-YEAR-OLD migrant worker slit the throats of his boss's wife and five-year-old daughter because of a delay in paying his 3,000 yuan (US$439) salary, a local court heard yesterday.

Wei Shixiang, an Anhui Province native, pleaded guilty to a charge of murder in Shanghai No. 1 Intermediate People's Court, telling the court he was furious over the payment delay.

He said he had been hired a year ago by Shanghai Baoling Lavation Co Ltd, a private firm owned by He Huihua in Fengxian District, but quit after three months because He was always late in paying him.

When he left, He owed him 4,000 yuan, of which 1,000 was later paid, according to testimony.

In the following months, Wei kept asking for the rest, but He said he had no money and instead gave him an IOU, the court heard.

"He was a boss, and it was impossible for him not to have 3,000 yuan," Wei told the court. "I went to ask for the money five or six times but was refused every time."

Wei said he became so angry he decided to kill He and his wife and bought a knife on November 14 last year.

Two days later he arrived at the house, and He's wife opened the door, Wei said in describing the murder scenario. She let him in and promised that Wei would be paid the next week. But Wei was determined to kill her. He took out the knife and stabbed her in the back. When she tried to escape, he cut her throat.

Her five-year-old daughter started to scream, and Wei cut her throat, too.

"I killed the girl because I was afraid others would hear her scream," he told the court.

Wei then put the bodies in the bath and filled it with water - if they weren't dead already then they would drown, he said.

Wei cleaned the floor and waited for the boss to come home. More than an hour later, He arrived with an employee surnamed Liu. He tried to open the door but found it locked from the inside. When he knocked, Wei opened the door and tried to stab him. He blocked the blow with his hand while Liu pushed Wei back inside, the court heard.

He called the police, and Wei was arrested. The court didn't announce a sentence yesterday.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend