Related News

Home » Nation

Chlorine leak sparks hospital scare

THREE hundred hospital staff and patients were evacuated yesterday after a chlorine leak in central China, a Wuhan-based newspaper reported today.

A hospital bus driver in Huangshi, Hubei Province, smelt fumes when he drove past a hospital storehouse, according to the Changjiang Times report.

He reported it immediately. Firemen rushed to the scene and found chlorine was leaking from a storage vessel. They put the chemical into a pond and neutralized it with limewater.

The emergency lasted only three hours and no one was hurt.

The chlorine had been stored in 2007 after new sewage system was installed in the hospital.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend