Related News

Home » Nation

Chopstick almost led to death of toddler

DOCTORS at Shanghai's Xinhua Hospital have removed a 12-centimeter chopstick from the nose of a toddler in a 90-minute operation.

His parents had been told their son's life was in danger when they took him to their local hospital in Hefei, Anhui Province, after the two-and-a-half-year-old had fallen while holding his chopsticks, the Youth Daily reported yesterday.

They rented an ambulance to take him to Shanghai on a nightmare journey during which he developed a fever and became unconscious. His mother held his hand all the way.

But there was good news at Xinhua Hospital where experts determined there had been no brain damage or ruptures to any major blood vessels.

The boy is now in a stable condition ?? but his parents doubt they will let him use chopsticks for a long time.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend