The story appears on

Page A3

December 12, 2015

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Nation

Student killer executed: ‘For me, death is to pay the debt’

A FORMER Fudan University medical student convicted of poisoning his roommate in 2013 was executed yesterday.

The sentence was carried out in the afternoon by the Shanghai No. 2 Intermediate People’s Court on an order signed by China’s Supreme People’s Court.

With the court’s permission, Xinhua news agency reported, Lin Senhao, 28, met with relatives, including his father and two uncles, before his execution.

His mother and two sisters were at their home in south China’s Guangdong Province.

In an interview with CCTV on December 7, held at the Shanghai No. 3 detention house, Lin said he had been thinking about what he had done for more than two years and believed it was a stupid mistake.

“For me, death is to pay the debt and I wish Huang Yang’s parents can put aside resentment and live on healthily and positively, which is good for both of us,” he said. “I owe them too much and it is too late now.”

Lin said he hoped his parents could “get through and forget the case.”

“It was a profound lesson in growth, but time can not flash back. I should take responsibility for what I have done.”

Lin’s father, Lin Zunyao, said he would be taking his son’s ashes back to his home town of Shantou in Guangdong Province rather than donating his body after the execution, reported.

Lin Senhao had said he hoped his body could be donated to a hospital for medical research if he was executed.

Huang Guoqiang, the father of 28-year-old victim Huang Yang, told yesterday: “There is no hope in life and I can only live for the moment.”

He was previously quoted in Beijing’s Legal Evening News as saying the death sentence provided fairness for his son.

Lin was sentenced to death at the Shanghai court in February 2014 for killing his roommate by putting a deadly poison in Huang’s water dispenser. Huang died on April 16, 2013, of liver, kidney and lung failure. He had first gone to hospital on April 1 and was admitted the following day after his condition worsened. On April 3 he was transferred to the intensive care unit.

It wasn’t until April 12, under police questioning, that Lin confessed to what he had done.

In a statement, the SPC said that after Huang was hospitalized, Lin concealed the truth and lied, even after Huang was admitted to the ICU, showing a clear intent to kill.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend