The story appears on

Page A6

March 10, 2015

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Nation

Boy, 6, died after eating a lollipop

Police are investigating the death of a 6-year-old boy in Heze, a city in east China’s Shandong Province, after he ate a lollipop he found in the yard at his home.

The boy collapsed and was foaming at mouth about 20 minutes after he ate the sweet on March 3, his family said.

They suspected the lollipop had been left by a family acquaintance who had visited earlier that day, local news website said yesterday.

The boy was taken to hospital but doctors could do nothing to save him and he died on March 5. Tests found traces of a highly-toxic rat poison in his blood.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend