Related News

Home » World

Food poisoning kills 2 women in Singapore

A SECOND woman has died this week in Singapore in a mass food poisoning case linked to a single street food stall.

The local Health Ministry says the 59-year-old woman died yesterday, a day after the death of a 57-year-old woman who had eaten at the same food stall.

The ministry says the stall sells Indian rojak, which is usually a combination of fried seafood and egg with gravy.

Some 137 people who ate at the stall last week have been treated for severe abdominal cramps, vomiting and diarrhea, and 37 of them have been hospitalized.

The ministry says two of the cases have tested positive for a bacteria found in raw or partially cooked seafood. The food stall has been shut down and police are investigating the deaths, the ministry said.

A woman who was two-month pregnant suffered a miscarriage after falling sick, the Straits Times reported on Tuesday.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend