The story appears on

Page B3

October 21, 2009

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Business » IT

Epicor looks for M&A targets

Epicor Software Corp, which makes software programs for manufacturing, distribution, retail, hospitality and services companies, seeks merger and acquisition opportunities in Asia Pacific, the United States-based software vendor said yesterday in Shanghai.

"We will grow organically in future but we are certainly looking for acquisition targets in the region (Asia Pacific)," Lauri Klaus, Epicor's executive vice president of worldwide sales & professional services, told Shanghai Daily in an exclusive interview.

At present, 60 percent of its revenue comes from the America region and the rest of the world contributes 40 percent. The revenue ratio will become "half-to-half" next year, said Klaus.

Epicor said last week its third-quarter revenue would be between US$96 million and US$100 million, in line with analysts' forecast of US$98.5 million.

Epicor's US business has been affected by the financial crisis in the country but other regions are expected to have "double digit" growth in 2009, the company said.

In China, Epicor's revenue is likely to grow 20 percent annually in 2009, said Anson Lee, the firm's regional director for China, Japan and Korea. Asian manufacturers have started to increase investment in IT, including management system, Klaus said.

China's IT spending is set to rise 8.3 percent in 2009, said researchers Gartner and AMR Research. The growth will be fueled by demand from state-owned enterprises, firms in western China and manufacturers.



Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend