Related News

Home » Metro

Baby suffocates to death in a quilt

A 7-month-old boy died of suffocation under a quilt after he was left unattended for more than an hour, a report on said today.

The couple carried their dying baby to a hospital on Yan'an Road W. around 6pm yesterday, crying for help. Doctors applied cardio-pulmonary resuscitation immediately.

Half an hour later, the boy was rushed to Shanghai Children's Hospital but was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital.

Doctors warned young parents that infant muggy syndrome occurs when a baby gets too hot bundled up in a thick wrapper.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend