Related News

Home » Metro

Boy, 8, killed by street sign

AN eight-year-old boy was electrocuted to death by a faulty lit pavement advertisement in Qingpu District on Thursday.

Technicians have opened the sign and cut the electricity, the reported.
Zhang Yufeng, a native of Anhui Province, was playing by the sign while his mother was flagging a taxi, his mother surnamed Zhang said.

They had just finished buying stationary at a store on Yinggang Road E. as the boy was about to start the new semester next week in his hometown.

"He touched the sign and began shaking," Zhang said. "He said he must have been electrocuted as he felt numb."

The boy was immediately sent to a local clinic but was pronounced dead an hour later.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend