Related News

Home » Metro

Boy electrified in hotel, family's Expo trip spoiled

A family of three coming to Shanghai for the World Expo ended in hospital last night when the 10-year-old son got electric shock in a motel.

The injury was not critical and the boy was later transferred to the general ward, according to the hospital.

The shock happened at 10:50pm at the budget hotel, Motel 168, at 890 Huoshan Road, Yangpu District. The boy was playing alone in Room 8312 when his parents were out and was shocked after touching a wire on a wall lamp, said a woman who stayed in a room next door.

The boy's mother said the family came with a tour group from Dalian in Liaoning Province and had planned to spend six days in Shanghai including visits to the Expo.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend