Related News

Home » Metro

Man injured in home gas explosion

A NATURAL gas explosion rocked a residential community in Minhang District today, seriously injuring a middle-aged man who was rushed to Ruijin Hospital.

The blast occurred at about 6am at Room 201 Building 25 in a residential area on the intersection of Chunshen Road and Lianhua Road S. when most of the residents were sleeping.

Neighbors said that they heard a loud explosion and windows of nearby apartments shattered. Bits of furniture came flying through the windows of the room where the blast occurred and smashed onto a a car parked downstairs.

Xu Guosheng, the middle-aged man who was taken to Ruijin Hospital at 7am, suffered 76 percent burns to his skin. Ten percent of his burns were serious, said Niu Yiwen, a doctor at the hospital.

"Xu is in a serious condition," Niu told Shanghgai Daily.

The blast is being investigated.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend