Related News

Home » Metro

Mom, son die in residential building fire

A MOTHER and her son died and four were injured after a fire broke out in a residential building in Qingpu District yesterday, reported today.

The fire broke out at around 4:30am. Witnesses said that the fire spread upstairs after an electric bicycle that was charging on the ground floor caught fire. Residents woke up and tried to escape the smoke and flames.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in an hour.

More than 20 residents were living in apartments where the fire occurred, according to the landlord. Police are investigating


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend