Related News

Home » Metro

Open safety pin removed from baby's throat

THE Shanghai Children's Hospital says it has successfully removed an open safety pin from the throat of a 9-month-old baby recently, and doctors remind parents to take good care of their children who may put anything into the mouth.

The baby started to cry loudly two months ago and his voice grew increasingly course. The family took him to various hospitals for diagnosis and treatment but the problem was not detected for months until they came to the Shanghai Children's Hospital.

Doctors spotted an open safety pin in the baby's throat through an ultrasonic scan and found the pin had pierced his air tube. A surgery was performed immediately to extract the 2-centimeter pin that had become rusty.

The operation was successful and the baby boy has been discharged from the hospital after full recovery.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend