The story appears on

Page A4

November 25, 2010

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

Paralyzed Elderly Man And Disabled Son Die In Apartment Fire

A father and son died in a fire early yesterday in a residential building in Putuo District, police said.

The fire occurred about 2am in an apartment on the third floor where the men lived. Neighbors were evacuated and the blaze was extinguished within 30 minutes, witnesses said.

The father and son, surnamed Zhong, were the only two people living in their home. The father, in his 80s, was paralyzed, neighbors said, while the son, 48, was almost blind due to diabetes. Both men smoked, said neighbors.

Authorities are investigating the blaze.

The other 23 households in the building were moved into temporary accommodation until repair work was carried out on electricity and gas supplies.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend