Related News

Home » Metro

Russian electrocuted trying to save dog

A 26-YEAR-OLD Russian man who was found with his dog lying in a shallow pool, suffering from severe electrical shock, on Friday night was declared dead today at about 5am, according to officials from Ruijin Hospital.

The man died of multi-organ failure and low body temperature after three days of treatment at the hospital's intensive care unit.

The incident happened about 8pm in front of the SML shopping center when the man took his dog for a walk.

His heart stopped beating and he was rushed to nearby Ruijin Hospital. His heartbeat returned after emergency treatment.

The man was studying at a university in the city. Witnesses said the dog jumped into the pool first and the man tried to save it but both collapsed. The dog also died.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend