Related News

Home » Metro

Toddler ate the tip of a plastic chopstick

A franchise restaurant in the city's Minhang District is being probed after a 2-year-old girl swallowed the tip of a plastic chopstick there last Saturday, the Shanghai Youth Daily reported.
The girl was eating in the Waipojia Restaurant in Skymall with her family when she bit off and swallowed the tip of her chopstick, the paper said.
She was brought to a hospital immediately but a doctor said the girl suffered no injury and the 0.5cm plastic fragment would be excreted naturally. Though it came out yesterday, the girl's parents still urged the restaurant to improve the safety and quality of its tableware.
The restaurant covered the girl's hospital fee and offered the family a free dinner. The restaurant manager, surnamed Zheng, assured that all their tableware meet the quality standards and said they will offer spoons to families with young children.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend