The story appears on

Page A4

April 17, 2013

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro

UK tot, 3, dies after screen falls

POLICE are looking into a British boy's death after the three-year-old was struck by a screen that fell in a downtown restaurant on Monday night, witnesses said.

The boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. The police did not disclose more details.

Shanghai TV news reported the incident happened about 9pm in a restaurant in downtown Huangpu District.

The boy was with his family in a dinner with friends, said the report.

Witnesses said the boy may have accidentally touched the screen before it fell on him. Screens are sometimes used by restaurants to divide dining areas.

The boy was rushed away for treatment, but Yang Lixin, a doctor with the Huangpu District Central Hospital, said the boy "did not have a heartbeat" when he was sent there.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend