Related News

Home » Metro

Underground short-circuit makes floor blistering hot

Underground electric wire leakage is the cause of hot floor tiles in a house in Pudong New Area. The floor temperature once approached 70 degrees Celsius, officials said today.

Experts said the leakage generated electromagnetic waves which heated floor tiles in the house in Tangzhen Town. A town official surnamed Lu said the house owner laid the wire underground without permission.

The landlady reported to the fire department last Saturday that her floor became blistering hot and she was afraid the floor tiles might explode.

Steam came out when a firefighter drilled three small holes into a tile and a thermometer showed the floor temperature was 69 degrees Celsius. The electricity company suspected the landlady put the electric wire underground because the temperature dropped soon after they cut power supply.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend