The story appears on

Page A4

October 9, 2013

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Expat Community

Differences to Shanghai Residence Permit

The green card is different from the Shanghai Residence Permit for foreigners.

The green card is issued under national regulations, while the Shanghai Residence Permit for foreigners, or Shanghai Overseas Talent Residence Permit, is issued by the Shanghai Public Security Bureau and is administered locally.

The permit is a certificate of a cardholder’s residence and work in Shanghai. It can be used to process social insurance and publicly accumulated housing funds, check information and record the cardholder’s personal and residence information.

The permit is valid for between one and five years.

Permit holders can apply for a long-term stay and may apply for multiple entry-exit visas. But they always need a visa to leave or enter the country.



Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend