Related News

Home » Metro » Health and Science

Factory lunch poisons 66 workers

SIXTY-SIX workers at a Qingpu District company suffered food poisoning after eating boxed lunches laced with nitrite, a banned industrial salt.

Employees began to feel nauseous soon after lunch at Shanghai Heerde Packing Co Ltd in Qingpu Industrial Park, reported. Eleven were still in hospital, although most were released after treatment.

Police and officials from the district's food and drug administration found nitrite in the food, which produces symptoms of nausea and leeches oxygen from blood, turning people blue, the report said.

Officials are investigating the Minhang District company that supplied the lunches, the report said.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend