Related News

Home » Metro » Health and Science

Toddler's throat, chest impaled by chopstick

SHANGHAI doctors are warning parents against unexpected accidents that might happen to their children who are on winter holidays.
The Shanghai Children's Hospital said today it recently saved the life of a 2-year-old boy whose throat and chest were impaled by a chopstick he put in the mouth while playing with another kid.
Though the chopstick was removed in time, it already caused serious injuries and infection. Doctors found the boy's neck was swollen when he was brought in and he had difficulty breathing.
The boy recovered after emergency surgery and intensive care. He was discharged from the hospital this week.
The doctors also urged parents to pay attention to the hygiene and diet of their children and prevent them from going to crowded places.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend