Related News

Home » Metro » Health and Science

Woman poisoned after using insecticide to kill hair lice

A Shanghai woman used dichlorvos (DDVP) to wash her hair and get rid of lice but got poisoned by the insecticide on Tuesday.

She received timely treatment in a local hospital and her life was saved.

The 27-year-old woman visited her friend in Pudong and stayed in her house for a few days. When she returned to her own home in Hongkou District, she found lice had infested her hair and felt very itchy.

She tried to kill them with her fingers but did not succeed. So she tried a folk remedy by mixing dichlorvos in water to wash her hair and dabbed diluted insecticide on her skull. Afterwards, she began to feel dizzy and sick.

She went to see the doctor and was diagnosed as poisoning. Doctors are warning people not to have direct contact with pesticide.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend