The story appears on

Page A5

May 28, 2010

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Public Services

Periods for visas lengthen

FOREIGN family members of a Chinese citizen will be able to apply for a two-year stay permit, one year longer than the current visa allows, local authorities said yesterday.

And those who came to China on visas of six months or less can now apply for several extensions.

The new rule aims to better serve foreign family members of a Chinese citizen who pay a visit here or raise their families in China, as well as children of overseas Chinese who are living in China. Instead of holding a visa valid for one year at most, they will be entitled to get the two-year stay permit.

Foreign spouses, parents and children under 18 of Chinese citizens or foreigners who have permanent residency permits qualify for the stay permit.

People can apply at the bureau's four outlets - three in the Pudong New Area and one in Puxi.

For more information, log onto, or dial 2895-1900 to consult.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend