Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Anhui boy gets surgery in Shanghai after swallowing acid

RUIJIN Hospital today announced that it had successfully treated a 9-year-old boy whose throat had become extremely narrow after being burned by hydrochloric acid.

The boy, surnamed Zhang, drank the acid, which was put into a beverage bottle by mistake months ago at his home in Anhui Province. Both his throat and stomach were seriously burned.

Though he received surgery at a local hospital, his throat shrunk so much that he was forced to eat a liquid diet in small amounts every day.

He was sent to Ruijin Hospital, where doctors found the narrowest part of his throat was only 1 millimeter in diameter. Doctors performed surgery to expand his throat to enable the boy to have an ordinary diet.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend