The story appears on

Page A5

July 9, 2014

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Boy critical after eating mushrooms

A 9-YEAR-OLD boy is in critical condition after eating poisonous mushrooms. He has been receiving treatment for liver failure at Shanghai Children’s Medical Center since last week.

His father is also at the hospital, but is said to be in less serious condition.

They fell sick after eating mushrooms they had picked, said hospital staff.

Medics are still trying to identify the species of mushroom involved in order to offer the pair the most effective treatment,” said Zhang Jian, the doctor in charge.

Last week, a couple died after eating mushrooms they picked that turned out to be poisonous.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend