Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Food poisons more than 20 at company canteen

MORE than 20 employees of a garment maker were diagnosed with food poisoning after eating in the company's canteen in Shanghai's suburban Jinhui Town, Fengxian District, on Monday.

A preliminary investigation found that the kidney beans they had eaten were not fully cooked.

The employees work for Shanghai Fuqiang Costume Ball Garment Co Ltd on Jinzha Highway, Fengxian. They began to vomit or got bellyaches after they dined at the canteen on Monday evening. They were sent to nearby hospitals and most of them were soon in a stable condition.

Remains of the food were sealed by the city's food and drug administration and samples were sent to the Fengxian Center for Disease Control and Prevention for further tests.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend