The story appears on

Page A4

July 1, 2014

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Foreigners quizzed on theory

FOREIGNERS seeking to drive a car in China are required to sit only a theory test.

They must also provide a copy of their overseas license (which includes those issued in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) translated into Chinese, a passport and a medical certificate from an approved hospital.

License translations are available only from two authorized agencies: at 573 Chifeng Road and Room 1607, 1277 Beijing Road W.

Foreigners who need a license to drive a truck or bus must also complete a road test.

International driving permits are not recognized in China.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend