Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Man burned as gas leak incinerates apartment

AN apartment burst into flames because of leaking of natural gas in a community in Baoshan District in the city yesterday afternoon, Jiefang Daily reported today.

The 28-year-old owner of the apartment suffered second-degree burns and had 45 percent of his body burned, especially his limbs and his face. Jiefang Daily reported that the man was hospitalized in critical condition.

Police said a suicide note was found in the apartment, according to Oriental Morning Post.

The fifth-floor apartment caught fire at 1:10pm in the community at No. 89 Julian Road in Baoshan District. Firefighters rushed to the spot and put out the fire after 20 minutes. No other apartments were damaged, authorities said.

The man was saved and sent to hospital at once. Police said the man told them he cut the rubber pipe connected to the cooking range in the kitchen, which led to the fire, but police are continuing to investigate.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend