The story appears on

Page A5

July 7, 2014

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Mushrooms man dies

A MAN who ate poisonous mushrooms has died in a city hospital.

Shanghai Changhai Hospital said yesterday that the man, who had been admitted with his wife, died over the weekend.

His wife is said to be in a stable condition following treatment.

The couple, whose names were not released, were taken to the hospital last Tuesday with symptoms of having ingested toxins. Doctors confirmed that they had consumed the deadly dapperling gilled mushroom.

It is not known where the couple, in their 50s and said to be from Anhui Province, obtained the poisonous fungus.

They worked for a local gardening company.

Doctors reminded members of the public not to pick and eat wild mushrooms unless they are absolutely sure they are a safe variety.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend