Related News

Home » Nation

200 Shanxi villagers suffer food poisoning at festival

MORE than 200 villagers in Pingyao County of north China's Shanxi Province have got food poisoning during a traditional festival.

They are being treated in local hospitals and none are critical, the China National Radio reported today.

Local health authority's investigation found they got sick from home-made meals or meat products bought at local food stands.

The county health bureau was alerted to the mass food poisoning yesterday by Pingyao People's Hospital where more than 60 villagers visited after complaining of stomach aches and vomitting that morning.

Most of the victims were from the county's semi-rural Nanzheng and Yingcun villages. The number of the victims soon topped 200, some running fevers with temperatures above 39 degrees Celsius.

Tuesday was a traditional festival of the two villages when people celebrate by visiting friends and gathering to eat.

An investigation continues.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend